Monday 28 July 2008

When it rains. . .

it bloody pours!!

Does it not??

I really couldnt understand this 'saying' growing up. . .of course it pours when it rains Mum!!

Some bad things have happened over the last few days. . .

My Pop is very sick, in hospital for the fourth day now. Had an op yesterday to remove some toes as the infection has spread to the bone. Very sore Poppy!

Nan is having a hard time, being at home on her own. . and managed to trip over and almost knock the brand spankie new tv over. So she is all bruised down one side, but still trying to sneak Pop some home made food into the hospital. . .aww

A phone call from the ATO stating I owe them a bucket full of money, relating to a debit from an old tax return which wasnt much then but due to the interest. . .ouchies. How nice they took years to remind me of this (hmmm I have to shift the blame to someone I guess LOL)

I teared up on the phone to the ATO and ended up having a nice talk to some older lady in the debit section (or something). . .

Now repaying the ATO for a few months, so looks like tinned spagetthi on toast will be making an apperance for dinner at my place for a while now. Id rather get it sorted ASAP rather then having the debit increased. Sadly I dont see myself buying any kits for a few months either!

My washing machine is on the verge of breaking, it groans as it spins. . . That much so I have to close the doors and turn the TV volume up to hear! If I use the highest water level, it leaks HAHA :) I had to wash my sheets in two loads (on medium) yesterday otherwise I would have had to mop up puddles again!!

Last but not least. . . My rent is going up by $5 a week! After the events from Friday till lunch time today, I really didnt want to read a letter from the real estate. . .my first thought was the place was finally on the market (as there is talk the units will be sold, as the owner recently passed away RIP) - so an increase of $5 a week in the big scheme of things is ok with me!

I hope you all had a better weekend then I, I guess it all will smooth out and be right again soon

xx Renee

6 comments:

Ali said...

hey renee. omg it sounds like you truely have had a crappy week/weekend.....the ATO sux!! as does broken down washing machines (i had to fix mine earlier this year).....bummer!! all we can do is make lemonade out of lemons ey?
xox ali

Karen Knight said...

OMG renee
that sucks.

i was going to complain about my weekend, but mine compares nothing to yours.
(((hugs)))

...I just saw your MSN and i adding you ;-)

Hugs
Kayla Renee

Nicole said...

Awww hun, that sounds like a shitty past few days.

Hope it's all gonna be postives from now on.

But I do know what you're talking about we've had a few things happen in the past few weeks too.

Nicxx

you take care now.
x

Donna said...

You porr thing.. Things do always seem to happen at once don't they.. I hope you get it all sorted out soon.. and back on your feet and I hope Nan and Pop get better real soon.. sending big ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
chat soon.. mwah.. Donna xx

Tam said...

Mate, it cant really get any worse....Poor Nan and Pop..sending them both get well vibes.

Im hoping the week gets better for you {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} too!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Well sweetness, I guess all we can do is look for rainbow at the end of the downpour?!

ATO sucks... I don't owe them money (that I know of!!!) but I'll get behind you on that one. Could you offset your next tax return against the debt?

Hope your Nan and Pop both feel better soon!

xxoo

PS - Would you like to email me your address? I have something that I would very much like to send to you! It's skye.m.johnson@gmail.com